Cath Kidston Floral Nails ♥

A long time lover of all things Cath Kidston, I was naturally inspired by the lovely floral nails created over at Pearls and Poodles, and Dizzy Brunette3. Although they look quite detailed and intricate (from a distance at least, in the case of mine!) they were surprisingly easy to create. Perfect for the warmer weather we aren't having at the moment, I decided to brighten up what has otherwise been a grey day full of revision and rain by having a go myself.

 


I used a mixture of nail polishes to create my look - Strawberry Lollipop, Summer Sunrise, and Pear Icecream from a H&M set I bought a while ago, Missbehave- a Missguided polish which came free with a magazine, and finally my Barry M nail paint in Mint Green.



1. Paint on your base coat - I used Pear Icecream, and Summer Sunrise on my ring finger.
2. Dab on the flower colour - I went for Strawberry Lollipop.
3. Using a cocktail stick or any other pin-like item (I may or may not have used an old, clean, earring for this due to a lack of anything else floating about at the time!) add a little bit of a lighter colour to the flowers to give them some dimension. I wanted to use white, however having none handy, decided on Missbehave instead.
4. Add the leaves by applying the green around the flower.

And that's it! Despite slightly looking as though a small child was let loose on my nails, I do quite like the end effect, and will definitely be practising to improve my technique.





Labels: , ,