Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel




So a few weeks ago, I found myself at the Duty Free in Manchester airport, on my way to Budapest. My tan from the holiday has now faded, but I picked a little something up which has served me well in keeping me looking naturally bronzed in the UK...
Soleil Tan De Chanel has been much raved about, and everytime I saw a post on it, my heart would sink a little knowing that I didn't own this beauty, and wasn't sure if I could justify the price tag (£30 is an awful lot to pay for a bronzer!). However, I have recently developed a fairly reckless approach to spending on makeup - which is a terrible habit and must stop now! - and decided that duty free prices were the perfect excuse to go for it, and get my hands on a really luxury item. I think this cost me around £26. And I don't regret it one little bit.
Described as an 'Illuminating makeup base' with a 'bronzing effect', Soleil Tan De Chanel looks like a mousse in the container, but applies almost like a cream? It's a very dense consistency, and I find it quite difficult to describe!
On application, it is a beautifully natural, matte bronze colour. I'm extremely pale, and haven't had any problems with this being too dark. I use it as a simple bronzer, or for contouring, over my foundation, but know that it can also be used over the face before applying foundation to provide a healthy glow - I'm intrigued, but always wary of putting new products onto my skin, so have held off for now.
This was an extravagent purpose, but it's so multifunctional and will last for absolutely ages - well worth the money, looks gorgeous on my dressing table, and although the majority of my makeup is 'drugstore', I think it's always nice to have a few more high end items. To be honest, the packaging looks so luxury that this could have made me look like an oompa lumpa and I'd still love it. But it doesn't, and I couldn't be happier.
Yes, I'm a little bit in love with a bronzer.



My baby chilling in the fridge - as we were in 35 degree Budapest, I wasn't having any melting incidents!

Labels: , ,