September Favourites


I can't quite believe it's October already - where has this year gone?! It's getting colder; cosy slippers, hot chocolate and movies are taking preference over going out; and shops are filling with Christmas cards and wrapping paper (too early, way too early!). As it's the end of September, I've decided to give a monthly favourites post a go, as I love reading them and there are always products which have stood out to me each month, so why not share them?!

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
I've been obsessed with this all month - it gives a gorgeous matte finish, and is a beautiful colour, not too orange and really natural. I did a full review here, but have since branched out into using it as a base on occasion (I like to live on the edge). I like the effect, but definitely prefer it as a bronzer on top of my foundation! This is also my ideal contouring bronzer.

MeMeMe Beat the Blues Highlighter - Sunbeam
This hasn't left my daily makeup bag at all this month, it gives such a lovely glow when used as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. A total bargain, lovely colour and finish, I've done a full review here so I won't say much more about this other than that I love it!

Soap and Glory Mist you Madly body spray
This smells amaaaazing, it almost reminds me of Alien by Thierry Mugler but as a body spray! It has that very distinctive Soap and Glory smell which I love, and has also lasted me ages - I've been using it non stop over Summer at work and I still have half the bottle left! Definitely one to repurchase when I finally use it all up.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
Although I've had this for quite a while now, I only just started to appreciate how amazing it is. Initially I was using it for my liquid foundation, for which it's ideal and gives a really natural finish. However I just started using it for my powder mineral foundation too and I can't believe how much of a difference it makes, it gives a better coverage than my kabuki brush, is so easy to use and makes applying foundation so much quicker! I also love it for my Soleil tan de Chanel - I'm considering buying another set just for this one brush as I can tell I will need a backup - I wish it was sold on it's own!

Tresemmé Liquid Gold Restorative Complex
I'm planning to do a review on this soon, so for now I will just say that this is a wonder for taming my hair and making it look healthy and shiny!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Along with the amazing Naked palette, this little eyeshadow primer as really increased the wear and colour payoff of my eyeshadow. I never really believed that a primer was essentail but having used this I certainly won't be going back to not using one!

Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades - Way To Glow
This is a lovely little palette, including bronzer, blush and a highlighter - great colours which work well together or alone and give a nice glowy finish. For around £4 you can't really go wrong!

Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
I can't stop using this blush, it's such a beautiful colour! Full review coming soon :)

MUA Eyebrow Pencil - Blonde
I only got this in the last few days, but couldn't leave it out - it's the perfect colour match for my eyebrows, and was a total bargain at £1 (plus a free lipgloss as MUA were running an offer!) 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I'm going to go back to hibernating in bed and watching endless episodes of Downton Abbey and the Great British Bakeoff, and looking forward to the new season of Take Me Out this weekend!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,