Review: Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon


The rise of the lip crayon has dominated the beauty world over the last few months. First it was Clinique's Chubby Sticks, then Revlon got in on the act with their Just Bitten Balm Stains. Now, Bourjois have joined the party - and it's a pretty amazing offering!

I have been a massive fan of these moisturising but pigmented balm like lipsticks since trying out and falling in love with quite a few shades from Revlon's collection. The ease of application, consistency and colour payoff meant that if in doubt, I reached for one immediately. So when I saw on the blogosphere that Bourjois had brought their own version out, I was pretty excited - but restrained myself, until popping into Boots the other week and seeing that not only was there a 3-for-2 offer on Bourjois makeup, but also if you bought three items you got a free pair of sunglasses!!! I don't need any more sunglasses but at the same time, you can never have too many right?! (this was during the heatwave, which already seems like so long ago as I'm writing this to the sound of torrential rain outside). Anyway, bargain of the century - I highly recommend taking advantage of it!

So enough rambling - what is the product itself like? Well, I went for two gorgeous and summery shades: "Orange Punch" and "Peach on the Beach" (which is such a good name!). There are two other shades available as well, but these two really stood out to me as I'm loving my corals at the moment. Orange Punch is a pretty...well, orange shade! I was worried it would be too similar to Revlon's lip crayon in Rendezvous, however it's a lot more subtle and less vibrant which I think makes it much more wearable. Peach on the Beach is definitely my favourite of the two. It leans on the pinker side of peach, and is such a lovely, flattering pinky coral. It really brightens up the complexion, and I think it would look absolutely amazing with a tan! I can't even describe how pretty the colour is, it's by far my favourite lip colour at the moment and will probably be for quite a while!

These lip crayons are extremely moisturising, and actually really well pigmented. I feel like they absolutely live up to their "Colour Boost" name as they give such a great pop of colour. I'll be honest, I have no idea of wear time as I reapply often, however they do claim to offer waterproof colour which I would agree with. They also claim to offer "10 hour comfort and hydration" which I'm sorry but can't really be true, however they are balm like in the way they moisturise, you won't need any lip balm with these! It feels like you're applying a very very glossy lipstick, and looks that way too however with an overall natural effect. They're also SPF 15 which is always good!

Overall I have fallen head over heels for Bourjois' arrival into the lip crayon market, mostly for the fun and summery shades which I haven't seen in Revlon's collection. Without wanting to compare the two too much, as they're both brilliant, I think that Revlon offers a more lipstick like product whilst these are more highly pigmented balm. At £7.99, they're a bit pricey but in my opinion well worth it (especially if you can get them on offer!).

The big news of the moment is, of course, that the Royal Baby has been born, introduced to the world and taken home!! I was glued to the TV for most of this evening as I'm sure many of you were, waiting for the first glimpse of the baby Prince! Kate looked so amazing as she always does, and it's great news that they've had a healthy child - congrats Will and Kate!

P.S. Sorry for the not so great photos, taking pictures of shiny things is the bane of my life, stupid silver writing!! It looks pretty but it's a pain :(

Labels: , , , , ,