Hello July | Mid Year Resolutions

 photo HelloJuly_zpsd99b8651.jpg

Hello July! We're officially halfway through 2014 which is slightly unbelievable but so much has happened this year that Christmas and 2013 seem so far away. The first half of this year saw me finishing my exams and first erasmus semester in France, followed by a quick trip to Budapest before starting my second semester in Brussels. Moving placements was such a good decision - if you find yourself on erasmus and not really feeling the uni/work placement I would definitely recommend looking at your options and talking to a coordinator at your home uni, even if it's just to put your mind at rest!

Brussels was lovely, and having been home over a week now I really miss it! However I'm really excited about starting the Summer, despite having no real plans at all. I find it so hard to commit to anything at the moment, it's not a good way to be at all but I'm sure I'll settle down soon. As we are waving goodbye to the first part of the year, and July seems to be such a positive and optimistic month, I thought I would make a few mid-year resolutions. I didn't really go for New Year's resolutions, or if I did I have completely let them fall by the wayside, so what better time to refresh them than now?!

1. As I have so few plans at the moment, and quite a lot of inspiration, I really want to keep going with my blog and enjoy writing it. As I wrote here a week ago, I lost my way slightly and now I'm feeling much more on track, so my aim is to maintain this and keep this little space something I love looking after!

2. Travel! At the moment the tempation to work for July and then go travelling during August is real. Zoe wrote a great post about travelling alone on her blog recently, and it really inspired me to give it a go for myself. I've been abroad alone a lot but I've never actually travelled alone as I've always had a job/uni to go to, so this would be an amazing challenge.

3. On the same note, this month is the month I'm going to get out and explore where I live more. I'm so lucky to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK and I really don't make the most of it, so from now on that's exactly what I will be doing.

4. Always look on the bright side. I'm generally not too bad at this, and firmly believe that every situation always has a positive to it. But it's easy to let little things get you down and I want to keep trying to see the silver lining rather than the grey rain cloud!

5. Read more. I got a kindle last year and whilst I do prefer having a real book, it does make it so much easier to get hold of books. I'd love any recommendations as I'm lacking inspiration at the moment!

I really hope I can stick to these, they're quite small and manageable and they're all things I've wanted to do for a while :) Fingers crossed!

Have you made any mid-year resolutions? If so I'd love to hear them!

 

Labels: , ,