Beauty | Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoos

 photo ColourTattoo2_zpsdo6yqztl.jpg photo ColourTattoo3_zpslqierqlq.jpg photo ColourTattoo4_zpsb8m45rvc.jpg Maybelline EyeStudio Colour Tattoo | £4.99

I remember the hype when Maybelline first brought out their 24 Hour Colour Tattoos, and the general consensus was: they're amazing. Since then, despite absolutely loving the two that I bought, I've overlooked them in favour of pretty eyeshadow palettes and new products. However when I realised I was going to need something a little more heavy duty before moving to Barcelona, combined with my attempts to streamline my makeup collection and rely on a few staple products, I turned my attentions right back to these little pots of eyemakeup heaven. 

I really like that Maybelline has kept adding to the collection of shades on offer, and there is now pretty much something to suit every need and skin tone. I just had to repurchase Pink Gold, and went with the full intention of getting Permanent Taupe as it's been on my wishlist for ages - however the new Leather Effect colours caught my eye and I ended up going for Creamy Beige instead. 

The cream gel formula of these is something that just can't be beaten in my opinion - creamy, applies like a dream, and lasts for ages. The real selling point of these is the 'tattoo' aspect, and the claim that they give up to 24 hours of staying power. Whilst I would like to know who is going to wear their eyeshadow for a full 24 hours, I can definitely say that once on the eyelid, these last. In the UK, I would apply in the morning and the colour would still be there, looking pretty flawless, at the end of the day. I wore them on nights out, both alone and as a base for other eyeshadows, and again - still there at the end of the night. I love to use these as a kind of primer as well as on their own, and find that they work equally well as both. Here in Barcelona, in 84% humidity, I'm not going to lie - the staying power isn't as amazing. However they still do a lot better than any eyeshadow/primer I've tried, and manage to stay put pretty much all day if I'm not too heavy handed with them in the morning. They are definitely the best hot & humid weather eyeshadows I've tried, and for that they are an absolute must for me at the moment!

The colour of these is lovely. Pink Gold was a repurchase, and it's just as beautiful as I remembered. A very shimmery, pinky shade with a hint of gold, it's seriously flattering and looks beautiful with a flick of black eyeliner. Creamy Beige is a slightly warmer toned beige, and I've found it to have a tiny bit of shimmer in it as well which I wasn't expecting as it looks totally matte from the outside! It's hardly noticable once on, and this is a gorgeous colour which can be lightly applied for a more subtle look, or built up to get a more dramatic colour. I can see this getting a lot of use in Autumn as well, as it's a gorgeous shade for warmer Autumnal tones.

I love these because they're so fuss free and easy. I use my finger to just swipe them across my eyelid in the morning: they blend so easily, and you're good to go for the day! I don't have to worry about them creasing or looking tired mid-afternoon, and they're great to use alone so it's literally a one product eye makeup look (bar mascara!). I can't believe I went for so long without trying more from the range after my initial purchase, and I'll definitely be getting a few more shades once I'm back in England.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

Labels: , , ,