Review | Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette

 photo MakeupRevolutionIconic3_zpspqkxkqkm.jpg photo MakeupRevolutionIconic12_zps9uyiqm3l.jpg Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette | £4

The Urban Decay Naked Palette was an absolute staple in my makeup routine, and when it's shelf life ran out I knew that I wanted to repurchase but spending £38 on an eyeshadow palette just wasn't a goer. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think it's worth it, but I wanted to find a more budget alternative which I could use on a day to day basis and would basically deliver a similar result. Makeup Revolution is a brand with a lot of buzz surrounding it, and I rarely hear a negative review about them. Their 'Iconic' range now consists of four palettes I believe, and has become well known for its Naked dupe status. With this in mind, I decided to go for the Iconic 1 palette as for £4 you can hardly go wrong!

First up: packaging. It's simple, sleek and good quality, with a clear plastic lid and black body. The palette itself is not bulky at all, and is a really handy size, being more of a wide rectangle than a long one which I love as it fits into my makeup bag with no problem. I also like that you can see all the eyeshadows without opening the packaging, I'm not sure why this is such a winner with me but I think it's nice to be able to see the product without having to constantly open and close the lid. The palette also comes with a double ended sponge applicator, which always reminds me a bit of the makeup sets you have when you're 10, but it's pretty standard and useful if you're caught without a brush as it does the job!

The eyeshadows themselves are very decently sized, you certainly get a good amount of product and I can't see myself running out of this too quickly which is a definite plus! None of the shades have names which doesn't really bother me to be honest- I do love the fact that the Naked palette shades have such cool names, but it's not something which really is an issue in a highstreet, budget palette. One thing I was concerned about was that the eyeshadows would be chalky and poorly pigmented, and I have to say - this is not the case at all! I've been using this palette on a regular basis since I bought it about 2 months ago and have found every shade to be well pigmented, easy to apply and whilst they don't have that super buttery texture which more high end options tend to deliver, they're pretty flipping good! I've been using this with a primer, and have found that whilst it's not perfect by the end of the day, it stays in place pretty well and looks almost as good as in the morning. I'm not going to say it's as good as the Naked Palette because it definitely isn't, but at around a ninth of the price, that certainly wasn't my expectation.

Almost every shade has some shimmer in it, which I personally love, but is something to bear in mind if you're more of a fan of the matte look. I've been reaching for this on a daily basis as it's just so gorgeous, and I know that I can create as simple or dramatic a look as I want. With the shades ranging from softer beige and gold tones, through warmer pinky browns, through to greys and a good black, there's the possibility to go for a whole spectrum of looks, which means that this is the perfect palette for a holiday or weekend away as it's got you covered for every base. I'm so happy I purchased this, and am honestly so impressed with the price to quality ratio. I can definitely see myself repurchasing, and buying a few more bits and bobs from Makeup Revolution - they've recently released an Iconic Smoky Palette which is definitely at the top of my wishlist as I lusted after the UD Naked Smoky Palette so much when it first hit the stands.



Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram



Labels: , , , , ,